Many elderly and vulnerable often the very people who need additional help with their cleaning but it’s a sad fact that a small minority of cleaners take advantage of their trust and vulnerability. The newspapers are littered with stories of cleaners stealing cash and jewellery from their elderly customers, often going unnoticed for months on end.
For this reason, we decided to launch Blitzable ‘Senior Clean’; our specialist cleaning service designed specifically for our elderly and vulnerable customers in Surrey, Hampshire & Berkshire. See our service area page for details of where we provide this service (opens in new tab/window).
Introducing Blitzable Senior Clean
First and foremost, as the management of Blitzable have elderly parents and family members, we truly appreciate the concerns that many people will have when they try to help an elderly or vulnerable family member arrange a cleaning service.
We spent a long time analysing those concerns so our Senior Clean service could address each any every one of them. Our ultimate aim is to provide complete peace of mind, obviously coupled with an effective cleaning service. After much research, we hope that we’ve developed a service you can use with total confidence.
The Benefits of The Blitzable Senior Clean
We appreciate that every customer will have different needs so we’ve developed our Senior Clean to be as flexible as possible but we have a set of standard features that are consistent for every customer:
- DBS Checked Staff – Formerly knows as CRB checks, DBS (disclosure & barring service) checks are conducted on all our staff who will be working in the homes of our elderly customers. If any individual fails these checks, they aren’t employed so you can have complete confidence in the honesty and history of our staff.
- Permanent Placement – We know how important it is for our elderly customers to see a familiar face so when you book our service, you will be allocated a specific member of staff who will be the only one to conduct our cleaning service. If they are off sick or on holiday, you can either skip your cleaning that day or we’ll allocate a Senior Cleaner to take their place.
- Housekeeping Tasks – We know that sometimes our staff will be called-upon to be more than just a Cleaner. So as part of our Senior Clean service, our staff can also conduct regular household tasks from ironing to fetching items from the local shop. We want to provide a useful service so if a household task needs to be done that the elderly customer has trouble with, our staff member will be there to help.
- Flexible Visits – Unlike a standard house cleaning service, we understand that you might prefer for our staff to visit elderly customers more regularly for shorter periods than just one longer cleaning session per week. So when we set-up a Senior Clean service, we’ll discuss precisely how many visits you would like each weeks and fix specific times and days so the elderly customer has a routine they can trust.
- Fixed Pricing – Another concern we identified for elderly customers is billing by the hour as it requires the customers to keep track and approve every hour worked – we think this is a billing method that can be abused so our Senior Clean service is provided on a fixed monthly rate. You simply tell us what’s needed and we’ll provide a fixed-price quote that can be paid monthly by cash, debit/credit card, bank transfer or standing order.
Have We Missed Anything?
We genuinely want to provide a complete service for our elderly customers so if you have any questions, please feel free to call us on 01252 416 260 or use the form on the right of the page.
How To Book Our Senior Clean Service
Getting started is a simple process that involves us visiting you at the property that requires cleaning so we can get a complete understanding of your specific needs. Once we’ve ascertained what you need, we’ll provide a written, fixed-price quote within 72 hours of our visit.
To make an initial enquiry with absolutely no obligation and in total confidence, simply complete the form on our contact page or call us on 01252 416 260.